Buttons

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm Stealing Halloween Back.



Last year, Johnny and I spent halloween watching a movie & eating all sorts of fall treats---OUT of costume. Unless you count to-lazy-to-dress-up-just-eating-my-weight-in-sweet-potato-fries a costume. 
This year things started looking all too similar. As Johnny was on his way home last night, I had had it with his, "I don't want to dress up, it's not my thing" deal. enough. I called him and said "I'm stealing halloween back. I love dressing up. You're going to be Julia Child & I am your short, adoring husband--your outfit is laying on the bed & we are leaving to a party in 15 minutes.

Luckily, he was a total sport about it. He got dressed up, & even fit into a pair of my old tights & a pencil skirt. It pays to have keep those clothes from 35 pounds ago--the perfect costume shop. He may not like that I share this, but he actually got so into character that I had to tell him to stop speaking like Julia Child. 

It looks like someone does like dressing up after all. 



Isabel

9 comments:

  1. This picture looks all to familiar! I used to dress johnnie up and pretend he was the neighbor girl who came to play. HE looked EXACTLY like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anna

    It's true. This whole experience was like a flash back to those days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Looks like you guys will be dressing up next year too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! The fact that you had to tell him to stop talking like Julia quite literally made me laugh out loud. What an awesome dude. Y'all look spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, love it!! good job! i love dressing up too, and have a man who is not overly eager about it... and yet he somehow always ends up in costume :)
    xo, allie
    accordingtoallieblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! That's hilarious, I wish my boyfriend would do that! I can just imagine him, like in the SNL skit of Julia Child. I love her lol.

    Found you through Follow Fest, come check out my blog if you're interested! I'm hosting my first give-away!

    My Growing Obsessions

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to say, and we will make sure to respond to questions, so be sure to check back!