Buttons

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Big [but still very little] Sis!




Shirt: LOFT // Necklace: FEATHERHEAD
Today is my older sister's birthday. She is 25, and to celebrate, we headed up for an evening at Antelope Island. It was a beautiful place with, yes you're seeing it correctly, white sand beaches AND buffalo. It's not every day you get such a combination, in fact, if you have a loved one whose two favorite things in the world are parades of buffalo and sandy beaches, this would be the perfect place. We had a lovely picnic, and of course, sang a birthday song. This time maggie joined in with vocals. 

While the day was wonderful, it was hardly enough to convey how I truly feel about my sister. If you have an older sister then you know what I mean. Growing up she was always one step ahead, and by one step I mean three years, and I looked to her for guidance and how to progress through those brutal teen years. In the last few years though, we've been progressing and growing up side by side. Both in school. Both experiencing the ups and downs of relationships. Both progressing in our faith. Both learning to love & appreciate ourselves. Both confused as ever at how this messy world always seems to manage to be a beautiful picture after all. We have been able to laugh together, cry together, yell together, and experience these moments that are that-much-more-perfect with each other. 

So today I want to celebrate her. I want to make it clear that I intend to be together every day, for the rest of my life, and her future husband, and future rotten (and most likely terribly cute) children will just have to deal with it--because she is my best friend, and that is that.


On a separate note, notice my FEATHERHEAD necklace? Yes, it is made by Anna as well. If you like it, make sure you check out our giveaway by clicking here!

Isabel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to say, and we will make sure to respond to questions, so be sure to check back!