Buttons

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blog Swap: What to Wear Camping


We were so excited to do a blog swap with Savannah. 
She is sweet, stylish, and willing to take risks with her outfits! We like that.
Here she is.

Hello A Dose of Lovely readers! I'm Savannah from The Joy of Living.

I've lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life, more specifically I grew up in a very, very small logging town in Southern Oregon. I live 40 miles south of Crater Lake

Needless to say where I live is not only beautiful, but it's also a camper's dream.

And in the summer my town gets busy with tourists flocking to the Rouge River National Forest to camp.


When lovely Carissa & Isabel gave me the option to do a post on camping I jumped at the idea! Surprisingly enough I've only been camping once, I was 12, and I'm pretty sure I wore my favorite shirt that said "Girls Rule, Boys Drool" <--not joking.

So this post is my chance at redemption for 12 year old Savannah. 

I came up with two different looks with similar concepts.

The first is for camping when it's a little cooler.

Warm socks, thick dark wash jeans, easy hair, and easy layers.











 tank: Charlotte Russe $2 on sale, lace tank: Hollister $10 on sale, jeans: Levi's $20 on sale, flannel: Abercrombie: $50, socks-Dad's, shoes: Macy's $10 on sale, belt: Dad's, shades: Dad's shades from the 80's



The second look is for a warmer summer camping trip.

Shorts that can get dirty, a light flannel, a denim jacket, and an old pair of favorite shoes.







jacket: AE $40 on sale, shirt: Hollister: $25 on sale, shorts: Abercrombie via Goodwill $3, shoes: Vans $50



Thanks for checking out my post!

I hope you enjoyed it.

:)


Check us out today on Savannah's blog

2 comments:

  1. I am going camping in Yosemite a week from today! I will be wearing shorts, hideous running shoes, converse and tank tops. nothing glamerous what so ever and usually no make up at all, it's pointless! i did get my eyelashes tinted last night though so that it will appear that i have mascara on!

    Libby on the Label

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! its really a well description on clothes according to the climate for camping.As camping is a fun out activity, so its necessary to have a look on what to wear for camping to make ourself too comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you have to say, and we will make sure to respond to questions, so be sure to check back!